Started Sep 9, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ralisse
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Uses of high mega pixel cameras
Sep 9, 2008

Whether or not a 21 mega pixel camera actually materializes from canon in the next few weeks, it's quite clear from other manufacturers like Sony that high mega pixel DSLRs are coming to a camera store near you. Initially this got me quite upset as I personally see this as pandering to the marketing department rather than to the needs of the photographer. I saw something similar happen in the compact camera world with the F31fd, where future generations couldn't match its low light/high ISO image quality due to the increase in mega pixels.

Before I leave the civilized world and head for my shack in the woods out of desperation, I'm curious if it's just me being angry for no good reason. Are there photographers out there who actually use and need the extra mega pixels? If so what do you use them for? Cropping? Portraits? Huge wall prints?

Under what situations have you said, gee if I only had more mega pixels I could have taken a better picture.

Thanks!
Ralisse

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow