Started Sep 9, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ron_9
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,684Gear list
Like?
ipf5100 and paper
Sep 9, 2008

Have a neewly acquired 5100 and still have a 9180. I am having problems finding a good paper to work on 5100. I have discovered that using Hp's professional satin on the 5100 and using the HW soft satin profile and printer doing color management gives a fantastic B&W w/o a shred of bronzing and great blacks. Have been using Hahenmuhle Bright white rag on the 9180 and some of the results are very nice but don't have the snap as what I'm seeing here. Problem, can't get the hp professional in 17" rolls ,to be able to print in large format.

Has anyone cut rolls(specifically the 24" hp roll) I'm a woodworker and I do have 12" miter saw and if one secures the roll and tapes the area of cut it should be a clean cut but if not whoops there goes $100 plus.

One of the problems is that the profiles that Canon has and the profiles that CS3 has for Canon really are not the same and very vague. Plenty of rags out there looking for good satin 280-350 gsm--ron s.
--
Keeping it sane in an insane world is an inconvenience at an inconvenient time!!
http://www.pbase.com/ron9ron

ron_9's gear list:ron_9's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow