Started Sep 8, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Matt_Anderson
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,778
Like?
5D replacement, End of the World, Rebel XSi
Sep 8, 2008

This Wednesday is the day the scientists at the large Hadron collider will send a beam of protons on a 17 mile circular journey.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/09/08/lhc.collider/index.html

There is potential for a small black hole to be created. Some speculate it is quite safe, others believe it will turn the earth inside out.

Will the 5D replacement make it before the end of the world ?

But seriously, On a side note, while waiting for the 5D replacement like many of you, a while back I decided to pick up a new rebel XSi to play with. I want to say the IQ from this little bad boy is outstanding. At base ISO, I put it (IQ) on par with my D3 and former 5D. The pixel level detail, dynamic range, and color is an amazing deal.

The noise at higher ISO's isn't quite up to a D3, maybe very close to the 5D at ISO 800 and 1600, but more importantly, all this quality for $600. I think something that is quite important here is what value Canon is giving consumers at this price point. IMHO the XSi represents the kind of value and quality potential we may see in the next round of hardware from Canon. I've nearly dropped this little bad boy a few times, it's size is quite small, and with big hands, I can get only three fingers on the side. But if you have the itch for new technology, would like to have a perfect walk around companion that isn't a fortune if stollen or damaged, take a look at the XSi while waiting for the 5D replacement to actually be shipping (or even better, objectively Reviewed). It's quite a fun little camera that is one heck of a deal.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow