ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MUFFLER
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Interesting time for new FF adopters - pricing Canon vs Nikon vs Sony
Sep 5, 2008

Hello

I've hung on to my 20D now for longer than I imagined I would. I haven't seen massive improvements in image quality from newer models to merit replacing it with another cropped sensor camera (although the AF on the D300 is fantastic).

I do know my next camera purchase will be full frame, and will have to last around five years (maybe even more). Whatever I buy, I'll have to buy a few FF lenses to go with it (I don't currently own anything other that EF-S).

I prefer the handling of Canon so I'm naturally looking at the 5D replacement, but I'd consider the D700 and the A900 too - depending on the final confirmed specs and prices of each of them.

Reading these boards, I think there are a lot of people out there like me waiting to go full frame (and now feels about right). That would mean there a lot of people like me about to commit to a brand probably for a good number of years (maybe even the rest of their shooting days), building up a range of lenses over the years.

The dominant brand over the next 15-20 years could well be defined by that which secures the business of the FF late adopters like me over the next twelve months.

Interesting times...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow