Started Sep 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sayn3ver
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Printing on tissue paper or similar....
Sep 4, 2008

I am inquiring for an independent study this semester. I was hoping to print on tissue paper or similar as i want to use it as a skin on balsa wood, much like the model airplanes. I have seen several skeptical sites on the web that insist you can by using spray adhesive and a backing and it will then run through an inkjet printer normally.

Is there a commercial paper product that is designed for printing with the porosity that traditional tissue paper does or can someone here with experience chime in?

I am trying to explore the fine format that the photos will be presented so i can finalize my research grant proposal.

Thanks in advance for any help.

edit: i just remembered my professor that told us there are printable water-slide and rub-on decals. This may be a better option since doping the tissue paper onto the balsa wood object may cause running of the ink, although I'd imagine that they will only be placeable on flat surfaces.
--
never say never

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow