ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jml9905
Regular MemberPosts: 124
Like?
CIS for Dummies
Sep 4, 2008

Hi Everybody,

I've had my Epson 1400 for a week now and really love it. I've been using 3rd party ink cartridges and find the end result perfect. No color difference compared with the original OEM cartridges.

I'm now thinking of installing a CIS system but have a few questions.

1. I'm paying about $33 for a set of 6 3rd party cartridges. These seem to be good for about 20 borderless 13x19 prints. Am I going to save if I install a CIS system?

2. Is it really simple to install? Initially I got scared away, because one site:
http://www.jonsmithers.com/InkRepublic-Epson_1400/

show that you need to drill or cut a hole in the cartridge box. I'd rather not do that.

Most other instructional videos from sites that actually sell these kits show nothing of the sort though. The only thing of concern to me is that one needs to pop out the cartridge lid using a screwdriver. In all these videos it looks darn simple and easy. Is it really?

Whenever I need to open up my computer for example, it's as if by magic, I'm suddenly wearing boxing gloves, my vision goes from 20/20 to 10/20 and I develop a bad case of Parkinson disease.

I suspect that these videos from site that sell these kits want to make it look simple. Is it? Any advice? Any thing I should be careful of with my Epson 1400? Which CIS kit is best if any? Any good websites?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow