ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Julian M
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
Photo display on an HD TV through HDMI interface
Sep 1, 2008

Hi,

has anyone got tips for equipment to display photos through an HD TV? I have tried it using the IOMEGA ScreenPlay TV Link and I found that the photos look surprisingly good on my 32" LCD provided that composite or HDMI cables are used. Previous attempts using AV cables only showed the photos in std definition which is not worth bothering with..

The problem is that the IOMEGA device does not seem to be capable of displaying full size pictures and so cuts of a part of the picture or only displays about half of portrait orientation pictures. Also the user interface is not really designed with photos in mind, no zoom, no rotate etc.

Are there any other USB connector boxes with HDMI output and good photo centered software you can recommend? I thought about the Kodak Easyshare link box (I do NOT use Kodak cameras, but they have an USB interface.)

HD TV sets can provide the replacement for the old photo album if they are used in Full HD mode.

Thanks for any ideas..
Cheers,
Julian

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow