Started Aug 30, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
newsed1
Regular MemberPosts: 129
Like?
New 5Ds already released to media
Aug 30, 2008

Production units of the 5D replacement have already been shipped to some long-lead media outlets under an NDA so they can get their reviews lined-up for the day the embargo comes off.

I got this from a pro-photo source friend in central London, the same that told me the D3 was in final testing last June, two months before the unveil.

I know this tip will seriously anger many people here, but believe me the original source was taking from first-hand, hands-on knowledge.

Like you, I'm waiting with money in the bank. But it can't be more than 3 weeks now and could be even sooner. (My guess, by the way).

I work in editorial, in London on an international magazine, if that's any help with credibility.

The 24mpix Sony has also been released to long-lead outlets, he said. No sign of the rumoured 24mpx Nikon, though.

Incidentally, the source also speculated - from his contact with the camera makers - that within 2 years all new-gen DLSRs will have video recording.

The source says that there's some speculation the industry that this Beijing Olympics will be the last covered by single-frame photography. By the time of London 2012, the 'photographers' will be shooting HD sequences, from which picture editors will take the best 'grabs'.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow