Started Aug 27, 2008 | Discussions thread
John West
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Re: Attention Canon, we want...
In reply to refrax, Aug 27, 2008

Let's see...

Who wants a car when we have horses.
No one will need more than 640k of memory.
Amiga was better, and should have won.

Come on, guys. It amazes me that some people are so willing to criticize a new feature, calling it a joke, unnecessary, an added expense, etc. Just because someone is paranoid doesn't mean they're not being followed, and just because point and shoots have a feature doesn't mean it must be wrong for it to be on a dSLR. I mean, especially a feature like this. If Canon puts it on their cameras, how will it impact anyone negatively? If you don't like it, don't use it, and it won't affect you one iota. So we should be celebrating that technology continues to advance in ways that allow us to have this kind of feature with no real added cost. As we've all seen in technology, prices continue to go down, while features continue to go up. What's wrong with that?

Is it possible some people are simply jealous that Nikon has done it first? I have an original Digital Rebel, as well as an SD300 p+s, and have been thinking about upgrading. While I'll stay in the Canon camp (lens collection), to be honest, the D90, on paper, anyway, looks pretty amazing. Kudos to Nikon to upping the ante. We should be glad that vendors aren't resting on their laurels, but are actively pursuing ways to improve their products. If this motivates Canon to do the same, then we all win. Isn't that how we want it to be?

John

-- hide signature --

John West

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
Oy!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow