Here's hoping the D90 kills 50D, 450D etc. sales this holiday season!

Started Aug 27, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alessandro Di Sciascio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,073
Like?
Here's hoping the D90 kills 50D, 450D etc. sales this holiday season!
Aug 27, 2008

I will certainly do my best to talk family and friends into buying that camera!

Canon Fanboys and self proclaimed purists please stay out of this. I'm a happy 40D owner with plenty of Canon glass and some flash stuff. I'm not jumping ship nor would I suggest you do.

But I am definitelly hoping for more REAL MEDIA (who cares what gearhead sites like this one might say) coverage comparable to today's USA TODAY article:

"Meanwhile, Nikon rival Canon this week announced a new camera, the EOS 50D. It replaces the 40D SLR, launched in 2007. The 50D, available in October, is a 15-megapixel SLR that will sell for $1,399. It promises improved low-light shooting capabilities. Unlike the Nikon, the 50D doesn't have a video feature."

wonderful, simply wonderful! UNLIKE THE NIKON ... the 50D DOESN'T HAVE A VIDEO FEATURE

I sure hope Nikon advertises the HECK out of this and manages to get the D90 to be the top holiday seller.

Then maybe the 60D will have the goodies I'm craving from the 50D PLUS a video mode!

Alessandro

P.S. To the purists who will undoubtedly answer with garbage like "That's not what a DSLR is for .... why don't you go buy a camcorder instead" I answer: Why don't you go buy a fully manual film camera, a hand-held light meter and poof-cloud chemical flash and leave me the heck alone?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ahemNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow