Started Aug 26, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
williams359
Regular MemberPosts: 137Gear list
Like?
It cant be just me
Aug 26, 2008

The pixel race makes no sense to me. How many 50D users want or need 15MP. I have 3ft x 2ft images shot on my old 10d up in my studio. I currently use a 1D MKIII and 40D As back up. Both cameras are excellent but not perfect. I would love to see a 10MP full frame camera with amazing high iso allowing me to leave the tripod in the car at more weddings. What i don't need is more and more pixels. The 40/50d cameras and up(5d and 1 series) are suppose to be for keen armatures and pros. So why is canon under the impression that we will rush out and buy the 50D because it has 15MP (good to see a decent lcd at last) If the high iso images on the 50d are better than the 5D as claimed just imagine how good a 5D MKII would be if they only kept the MP down at 12mp. Will they, no, I am sure the high iso will still be better than the 5D MKI even at 16-20MP but just think how good it would be at 12MP. As a pro wedding photographer i am still looking for that 10-12mp full frame 1 series camera. Something that Nikon has with the D3 but with canon for me the 1DS at 21MP is not the answer. I just don't need 21mp

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow