5D in low light club environment, what lens to start off with?

Started Aug 26, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DFarthing
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
5D in low light club environment, what lens to start off with?
Aug 26, 2008

Hi, I hope some 5D users could offer me some help.

I've been fortunate enough to be given a chance to photograph some up and coming bands and have decided on upgrading to a 5D, I'll be shooting in very low light and wanted to know how the camera copes and also what would be the best IS lens to get for general photography. If anyone has had experience shooting in a club environment will I need a flash or higher iso/or both, although I'm not too sure they will appreciate me using a flash. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated as this will be my first time photographing in such an environment and really don't want to mess it up. Will the 5D be forgiving with hand held photography with an IS lens in such low light?

Sorry for the novice questions but I'm relatively new to photography and have been using a Sigma SD14 with very mixed results, low light photography has been very hit n miss with that camera, and it takes ages to write to the CF card, and I'm hoping the 5D will combat this.

Thx in advance.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gonzohst/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow