Started Aug 20, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chilloutbuddy
Regular MemberPosts: 139
Like?
Does anyone know...
Aug 20, 2008

...what percentage of Canon's total sales is the 5D? I know someone mentioned it earlier but I cant seem to find the post. I had a look at Canon's financial report which indicates that total photographic gear represents only about 1/3 of their total sales, the rest being mostly photocopiers and various multifunctional devices. But there was no specific product info within that.

I'm just trying to gauge how much this segment (affordable full-frame) might actually mean to Canon. High end professional gear must mean a fair bit both in terms of dollars and for the prestige of dominating sports and various events and using this prestige to attract amateurs. I'm guessing the big bulk of their sales must be entry level SLRs and point & shoots. By why would the 5D be a big deal to them if its immaterial in terms of dollars? Is it possible that in Canon's list of priorities the 5D sits somewhere between the Ixus and some printer, that's why its taking them forever to update it? Just curious.

Thanks
--
http://spyro-p.smugmug.com/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow