Nikon P6000 with GPS

Started Aug 7, 2008 | Discussions thread
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,190Gear list
Like?
You guys crack me up...
In reply to Mk7, Aug 19, 2008

How can anybody say it sucks when the camera hasn't even been distributed yet? Everyone - regardless of what forum (brand), tends to lambast a new release big time. Then once it hits the shelves and they start selling, it becomes a different story.

The big story will be when Nikon releases their APS-size sensor based P series digicams, of which they are supposedly working on 2. The word is that they wanted to re-invigorate (is that a word?) their digicam base. The P6000 was one that was already in the mill since the P5100 was released, thus you don't see any fanfares and heavy marketing material (ala the LX-3 from Panny).

Nikon's biggest faupaux on that one was not including a regular Nikon RAW file as opposed to this Windows based one. But I'm sure they'll release a firmware update sooner or later to put in an NEF capability.

Besides, I'm betting that the G10 won't be much better - meaning they'll pack approx 14 MP's on the smallish sensor they are using now.
--
As always - good shooting....

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow