Started Aug 15, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oluv
Senior MemberPosts: 1,972Gear list
Like?
LX3 RAW/JPEG vs. LX1 vs. F20 comparison
Aug 15, 2008

today i tried to shoot some samples with all three cameras LX3, LX1 and Fuji F20 at the same time (not an easy task).
i shot jpeg/raw with both panasonics and jpeg with the F20:

http://www.pbase.com/oluv/lx3test

the conversion was done with silkypix and i tried to find settings that were able to extract as many details from the raw-files as possible. unfortunately the demosaicing algorithms in silkypix are not very sophisticated so i am not entirely happy with the results. i hope dcraw will support the LX3 soon, so that i can repeat the test.

my observation so far: LX3 shows less noise than the LX1, especially in the shadows, but the difference is not really huge. also the LX1 seems to have a weaker anti-aliasing filter, because on the one hand it is able to render more details than the LX3 on the other hand the LX1 has quite jaggy diagonals that the LX3 doesn't show.

the F20 still seems to extract most details from most of the shots, fuji's jpeg-quality is really superb. it is even more surprising as the fuji cost me 150€ wheras the LX3 cost three times as much.

i also have the impression as if my LX3 lens was misaligned a bit. on many photos i discovered some blurring on the left part of the image. i will have to dig deeper into this and exchange it if necessary.

some high-iso shots will follow and i wand to make some crops, so that you can compare the images more easily.

oluv's gear list:oluv's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LX1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow