Started Aug 14, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
String
Senior MemberPosts: 1,259Gear list
Like?
Heading to Banff - advice?
Aug 14, 2008

As the title says, heading out to Banff and area next week. Last time I was in the mountains, I had 3 small kids as a hobby so landscape photography wasn't real big on my list of priorities.

I've read a few books, spent time with the D300 and (think) I have a decent idea of what I'm doing but always looking for suggestions on what/where/how. I'm taking the D300, Sigma 10-20, Nikon 24-70, Nikon 70-200 and my tripod/ballhead. I did make a mistake with the ballhead (Manfrotto) in that it doesn't have a pan feature however I'll have to live with this. I have 2x4Gb CF cards and shoot RAW - taking my laptop incase this isn't enough card space.

So, any suggestions on technique/gear/prime locations anyone may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
--
http://stringfellow.smugmug.com

String's gear list:String's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow