Started Aug 14, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,739
Like?
Eneloops vs. Energizer 2500 mAH rechargeable AA batteries
Aug 14, 2008

I almost bought some Sanyo Eneloops 'cause I've heard some good things about them. Then I did some research. To wit: A large percentage of those who were impressed with the Eneloops said the fact they came "pre-charged" was a big deal to them. All I could say was "big freakin' whoopdy do, so what?" OK, on to their performance. Again, the buzz was about their ability to stay charged longer while not in use than (fill in the blank), not on how they actually performed. Finally I was able to find the reviews that "revealed" that, yes, they do hold their charge longer when not in use than a standard rechargeable NIMH so do well in occasional use gadgets (where you might not need them for a long time but suddenly do, unlike my cameras, where I'm constantly charging my batteries to keep them ready.) The real scoop is that they actually sucked when used in digital camera where lots of power was needed again and again. In that situation they ran out of power much faster than a set of Energizers, for instance.

I did a search on the Canon forum and my eyes started glazing over when posters were comparing standard Alkaline AAs with lithium AAs or to the Eneloops. What I need is a straight answer from experienced Canon digital camera users: do the Eneloops actually perform as well or better than my Energizer 2500 mAH rechargeables WHILE IN USE IN Canon digital cameras? I mean, it'd be a no brainer if they held their charge while not in use forever then outperformed my Energizers but that's not what I've read.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow