ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chilloutbuddy
Regular MemberPosts: 139
Like?
Advice needed on Oly system
Aug 9, 2008

Hi,

This is my first post in this forum, as I am basically a Canon user. I recently bought a zuiko 24/2.8 for my 5D and in all honesty it blew me away. After that I bought the OM 55/1.2 and 100/2.8 and they're both fantastic. My 35L is starting to collect some serious dust lately...

The reason for the post is that my wife & I want to buy a DSLR as a gift to a good friend who wants to get into photography, and naturally Olympus is the first thing that came to my mind. Our friend has two young kids that she loves to take photos of and I know that she wants to get into portraiture as a hobby and start building a small studio in her house. So my two questions are, both for her gift and for my own benefit:

• What would you recommend would be a good camera/lens to start her out on budget of around $1k? Is it possible to squeeze a flash in there for short distance work ? I dont think telephotos would be of use to her, I was thinking a wide to short telephoto lens is more suitable for what she wants to do. I have seen good photos from the 14-42 kit lens, would you recommend it?

• Are the digital Olympus lenses as good as the old OM ones?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Spyro

http://spyro-p.smugmug.com/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow