Started Aug 6, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lifer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,804Gear list
Like?
Casio Repair - Is It a Scam?
Aug 6, 2008

I recently sent in a EX-Z750 for repair. The camera had a minor problem with the optical viewfinder not returning to the proper view (i.e., when going from tele to wide). Everything else worked fine on the camera, but my wife wanted that fixed. Casio came back with an estimate of $119.00 for repair with an evaluation of "Severe Impact to Casing". This evaluation is a crock. Camera has never been dropped or otherwise damaged in any way. Must be their catch all eval spiel. Add in tax and shipping, the repair would cost $138.00. Hardly seems worth it for such a minor annoyance, so I said no.

They also attached a sheet offering an upgrade for say a refurbished EX-Z1080 for $125.00 plus tax and shipping and they keep my camera which had costs $395.00. Gee, what a deal. I could buy a new Z1080 from Newegg for $164.00 and keep my still taking good pictures Z750.

Apparently dealing with Casio requires due diligence of who is getting the "deal" or would that be "shaft". End of Rant.
--
Richard

Lifer's gear list:Lifer's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow