Is Canon scared of wide angle?

Started Aug 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
Stephenhampshire
Contributing MemberPosts: 856Gear list
Like?
Re: Horsepower
In reply to gordonsbuck, Aug 6, 2008

The sad thing is, a wider wide end would be a boon to everyone, not just enthusiasts. Super long zooms with small apertures just mean that camera shake becomes a real issue at sensible ISOs (even with IS systems, and the Canon IS system IS good - I have a S5IS which is great) A wider FOV at the botom end if the range is great for social shots, landscapes interiors....just what many many people use their cameras for, so it is a feature not just for the enthusuiast. My Fuji E550 has a 32mm equivalent starting point, not super wide, but great compared to 36 or 38mm.

Of course you do need a better flash to ensure full coverage, so maybe THAT is what Canon are worried about? As I said, I use a Canon S5 so I have no problem with the Canon as a whole, but a 30 -360 zoom would be much more flexible than a 35 -420.

(And yes I do have a wideangle convertor to attach to the front of the S5, it is HUGE!)
--
Everything changes

Stephenhampshire's gear list:Stephenhampshire's gear list
Samsung TL350 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NO.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow