ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Claire Dupuis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,755
Like?
Question about 5D LCD and color cast
Aug 5, 2008

Hello

I've always known I would some day switch to full frame but kept waiting until it got within my budget range. The 5D has held its value so well (even though I had to 1D Mk II in the meantime) that I have yet to get one, which I'm getting nearer and nearer to, now that the used prices are about to drop even further at the new model's introduction.

Sure, we don't know what Canon has up their sleeve for Photokina. I might stretch my budget to get the new model 6 months after release (and in the meantime shoot the shockingly good XSi) but chances are I'll stick to the original 5D as cheap as I can find it (and there will be a load of minty and even still under warranty units hitting the used market this fall).

Now, Ken Rockwell (and I do take this with the useful grain of salt) states that his (much loved, though !) 5D has a horribly cyan color cast from the LCD. I never quite saw that in my own two units of 30D, but the cams do share the same screen. Yesterday I was playing with a friend's 30D and was shocked at how bad, and actually cyan colored all the pictures seemed to be on the LCD (although I'm confident they were fine once viewed on a proper monitor).

So my question is this :f I do get the original 5D, what are the odds that I'll get that vomittish tint from my screen. Have many of you 5D users experienced this ??
Thanks for any input.

Claire
--
Why make the same mistakes again when there are so many new ones to chose from ?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow