Started Aug 5, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Big Ga
Forum ProPosts: 16,344
Like?
Problem in renaming this forum
Aug 5, 2008

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm having a real problem with a LOT of the issues involved in the proposed forum name change.

Phil asked for a simple yes/no poll, so I won't post this in that thread, however.

1. Isn't it FAR too early for us to make up our mind? there are so many unanswered questions as yet.

2. Lumping everything into one big forum is obviously going to cause the traffic to increase even more than it is now when these new cameras get released (and its intolerable now, with the VAST majority of real meaty technical posts being lost within hours).

3. I don't have so much of a problem in lumping the whole fourthirds caboodle together (as the traffic in the panny and leica areas seems to be an order of magnitude or more less than this place), however if this is indeed done, then I really think we need a way of dividing the fourthirds fora!

I have said in the past that it would have been good to have an advanced/beginners type of split. In the past I would have been asking for a pro/amateur split, however I'm getting less and less convinced that the pro bit now exists (at least in the original format that Olympus intended when they launched the E1), so frankly I don't have an instant answer (far too early in the morning and far too little coffee as yet), but what I do know, is that I think point 1 above is valid, in that a yes/no poll now is rather premature without some debate.

Of course, it could be sensible to include everthing in this forum NOW while we see what comes out and can talk about it, but with the intention of a split or at the least a review of the situation in the near future?

-- hide signature --

Gareth

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow