Started Aug 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Meatyard
Regular MemberPosts: 251
Like?
The US economy sucks
Aug 4, 2008

At least for average Americans. I keep thinking we're gonna see a major reduction in camera prices- and then we get the LX3 for $499 (and most of the rest of the world are gonna see it even higher). I don't get it. The dog food I get has gone up almost 50 percent, bird food 75 percent, gas- get outta here. When the essentials are getting so damn expensive you would think luxuries like cameras would come down in price- that is, if they plan to sell them. A lot of Americans are struggling just to make ends meet- living month to month. Has Panasonic decided there are enough well to do camera enthusiasts to justify these prices?

It seems like the cameras that get the most coverage and generate the most discussion on here are the super expensive semi pro and pro models. I can see "pro" models being expensive- that's why they call them pro. But the so called "semi pro" models are still ridiculously expensive given present conditions. Is just about everyone on these boards rich, completely unaffected and unconcerned by the present economic conditions?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow