Epson 7600 - COMMUNICATION ERROR - Can't print!

Started Aug 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dastudio
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Epson 7600 - COMMUNICATION ERROR - Can't print!
Aug 4, 2008

Hi, I moved this from the LOW INK subject line to a new subject line so I could get responses that are directly related to my problem. I realize that the LOW INK message has nothing to do with my not being aable to make a print.

I connected a used 7600 printer I received from someone to my husband's laptop because I can't move the printer into the room where my desktop computer is right now. His laptop runs Windows Vista (my desktop computer runs Windows XP). I'm pretty good with computer stuff but have NO experience with a 7600. This unit looks in very good shape but it has been sitting unused for several years.

I don't have an installation CD so I went to the Epson site and downloaded every file that is Vista-related (Printer Driver, Status Monitor, etc..). Unfortunately, the site doesn't indicate in what order I should install the files so I've installed them in no particular order. Could someone give advice on how I should be doing this? I thought Windows is supposed to have drivers for most printers automatically in its Operating System?

Every time I try to print, I get a COMMUNICATION ERROR message on the laptop. I've switched the USB cord, plugged and un-plugged it from the computer. I'm reading Forums & online sources. I have now spent many hours on this. It is frustrating. I notice that the printer isn't indicated in Device Manager or as an icon in the "Safely Remove Hardware". I don't know how to get the computer to "see" the printer! Very disappointed.

I appreciate any advice . . .

If I understand your questions correctly, the ink supply indicator shows low, but > not empty. So go ahead and print. Chances are there's plenty of inks in the low > cartridges. I do it all the time with mine. Of course the printer may charge some > more, but let it. You can easilly print with the printer on a table. I purchased > mine with the epson print stand. It's on wheels and is not exactly solid when > printing. A table top would probably be more solid. Put those questions behind > you and start printing. You are in for a lot more questions on the workings of > the 7600. So after you print some, ask away. ChaCha

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow