ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sharif
Senior MemberPosts: 1,458
Like?
EF 35mm f/2 repair/disassemble advice
Aug 3, 2008

Dear all,

I have now my second 35/2 with a stuck focus ring after it fell on the floor from about 1m.

When this happend to my first 35/2 about 4 months ago I talked to my local canon repair shop, they looked at it and said something internally was broken, charged me EUR 26 for this statement and said it was beyond repair. Now as I have 2 copies with the same issue I hesitste to buy a third one before giving it a try myself. (Or buying the more robust 35/1.4L).

I have a scan of an explosion diagram of the lens and a parts list but still I am unable to disassemble it beyond the part with the electronics. I can't remove the circuit board as it has fixed connectors on several locations on the outside and even if I loosen the "one obvious" screw that holds it I can't remove it safely. (In fact I already broke the connectors of one of my 35/2 in an attempt to get the circuit board off.....

can anybody shed some light on how to completely disassemble this lens? Pictures would be great!!!!!

Sharif

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow