Started Aug 3, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WalterSrChat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,088Gear list
Like?
Response to RGs report ;0)
Aug 3, 2008

The 1Ds Mark III is a professional camera with professional handling features that needs to be tailored for your personal use. It takes getting use too.

What pop out at me form Robert Rob Galbriath’s Report.
1. Page 86 of the 1Ds Mark III Manual
“Subjects difficult to focus
Low-contrast subject
Example: Blue sky, Solid-color walls, ect.”

Look at the soccer player - solid color with very low contrast (Update part 2) – page 86, Canon was correct; it is a difficult subject to focus, so why did he chose that spot to start the focus?

2. They said they calibrated the camera, except the older 1Ds Mark III and the lens, but what about calibrating the lens to the camera?

On the 1Ds Mark III adjusting the Micro adjustment will resolve the subject to camera differences. Obviously they were not done, so what did he really expect. There is a reason the adjustments were placed on the camera. Anybody want to guess?

3. Lots of lens, some calibrated and some not, but none micro adjusted with the cameras, so how can the test be professional?

By using the micro adjustment the picture quality of runners coming directly at you increase, because you are able to eliminate the front and rear focus.

by ignoring the manufactures recommendations, there is no wonder that things do not measure up to self determined standards. So, real problems are over showed by self imposed problems.
As a 1Ds Mark III owner, I think Bob has personal issues with Canon, IMHO.

-- hide signature --

I am out to take the perfect picture, if it exits!

WalterSrChat's gear list:WalterSrChat's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow