Started Aug 1, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lilmoch
Regular MemberPosts: 143
Like?
Details on external viewfinder and case for LX3
Aug 1, 2008

You may have already seen this, but I hadn't.

http://panasonic.net/pavc/lumix/lx3/optional_accessories.html

There was some speculation about the external viewfinder, and Panasonic has updated their description with more details. Looks like it has brightlines for 24mm only in the 3:2 aspect ratio, with adjustment lines for shooting distances less than 50cm. It seems very similar, then, to the Voigtlander optical viewfinders.

The great thing about the custom settings on the LX3 is that if 24mm isn't your preferred focal length (definitely not mine for everyday shooting), you could buy a 28, 35 or 50mm optical viewfinder and use it instead. Just set up a "custom setting" for that particular focal length, turn on the camera and you're ready to go. Sean Reid uses his GX100 with several optical viewfinders in this way, working with a single focal length for an extended period of time. I think that's how I'll use the LX3, since I already have 35 & 50 Voigtlander viewfinders. Kind of like having several small compacts with prime lenses.

Also, Panasonic specifically states that you can use the camera while it's still in the case. That's fantastic.

The whole package is looking pretty sweet. (No prices yet on the case and viewfinder, though - unless I'm missing something)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow