Started Jul 28, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eddy Teddy
Regular MemberPosts: 216Gear list
Like?
DP2 will fix it all?
Jul 28, 2008

I'm so sorry Sigma did not make the DP1 in the spirit of the Ricoh GRD - and with their own superb IQ. Handling is not good, says a lot of people, including the only shop in town selling it. Sigma will come out with a new DP, fixing the poor handling, I was told. I was strongly advised not to buy the DP1, as it's very slow, said the man. They import Sigma so I trust he was very disappointed about the handling. No use in great IQ if you are not able to get the picture.

I will wait for the DP2, as it should be a lot better - the hard part must have been the lens and sensor. Now they can get help to fix the handling! Great!

If only all shops were dedicated to telling the truth - then I could have been advised against my first digital camera, the Coolpix 5000. Great IQ, but slow slow slow... ...never could get more than 50 % of my shots.

Eddy Teddy's gear list:Eddy Teddy's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Ricoh GR Digital Samsung TL500 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow