a second 5D or an used 1DsII

Started Jul 25, 2008 | Discussions thread
Joseph Larson
Regular MemberPosts: 144
Like?
Re: a second 5D or an used 1DsII
In reply to glacierpete, Jul 26, 2008

As a fellow pro, I believe it would be very foolish to buy anything before the Photokina anouncements. All of the cameras your considering have very old technology, in digital terms. I also have a 5D, 40D, & 30D, and have often used a 1Ds2. Older style cameras also have relatively slow and inefficient workflow systems with them (e.g. card write speed, frame rate, LCD panels, etc.), and higher noise levels than newer cameras. As a general rule in the digital world, new out performs old, at almost any price (excluding entry level stuff).

Bottom line is that Canon could well have several, or even many big anouncements (I have no inside knowledge) at Photokina that you may want to own (or NEED to, to stay competitive). If you really need something in the meantime, rent it (which might be difficult in some areas). You only have about 1-2 months to wait. While current deals may sound tempting, the newer technology will make their prices deflate even more very soon.

-- hide signature --

Joseph

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow