Started Jul 24, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Holscen
Regular MemberPosts: 284
Like?
What if 5D mk2 is a disapointment?
Jul 24, 2008

I've used a 5D, 1Ds2 - I know what they do and don't offer me, the 5D mk2 should be a mix of the two.

I don't want to buy into a 3 year old camera (5D), as I won't upgrade again for another 2-4 years and I don't want to spend £4600 on a 1Ds mk3 it's too much.

I need a camera that can focus, quickly and accurately - like my 1D mk2n but with significantly higher resolution - 16mp is fine (so not a 1Dmk3) it has to be light, weatherproof and able to shoot at iso 1600/3200 without any IQ concerns and have a LCD I can show a client without making excuses about clarity.

The Nikon D700 & SB900 offers the image quality and flexibility I need (not just want - but need). I don't want the latest gear for the sake of it, I want what does the job best for my needs, some Canons I used seemed like a compromise, one I had to live with , until now.

Photography is a competitive business, if Canon doesn't come up with the goods, I will have to change. I get around 80% of the value of my L glass on the second hand market or I'll run two systems for a while.

I will wait till photokina - if nothing significantly better shows up then it's goodbye Canon

Who feels the same?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Feh.New
Why?New
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow