What are we still missing in the photography world?

Started Jul 22, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Josh_S
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
What are we still missing in the photography world?
Jul 22, 2008

In your experience (and I know around these parts that amasses to quite a lot), where is digital photography falling short? I'm thinking perhaps in terms of hardware... This may seem like a trite subject, but I'm very curious to get a collective opinion regarding things that may have been left behind unnoticed as the industry has swiftly moved forward.

I guess you might say I'm brainstorming on the topic from a more inventive and entrepreneurial standpoint. What could this evolving community really be excited / benefit from having that currently does not exist? Surely we all dream of software features and hardware upgrades that maximize resolution, noise, dust reduction, etc. But are we overlooking fundamentally new concepts and elements of digital photography that are as of yet unrealized? Have you ever had that moment where you think "man, i wish this existed..."? I hope others share my excitement over how much potential there is for a world of imaging that, I imagine, we all appreciate and utilize. I'm not, obviously, sitting here on a pile of money or probing for someone else to spark the 'next great idea', I mean, I'm nobody- just a daydreamer.

I know this is dauntingly nebulous but I'd love to hear what anyone has to say in response

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow