Started Jul 19, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mkett39
Forum MemberPosts: 69
Like?
The era of digital
Jul 19, 2008

I just have to write this since i read a thread from a poster "XSI" about lenses for a beginner wedding phtog. Several posters were sonegative about him doing a wedding and not really getting to the point in question. I am inmy 40's and my father was a wedding photog back inthe 70's and 80's (with his film camera-remember those?) and nobody tought him. He didn't take 500-1000 pictures either. I think it is laughable when I read about the so called pro that takes literally hundreds of pictures---WHY? are they that unsure of their abilities and what are you taking pictures of ? My goodness must have pics of every single time someone takes a step or uses the bathroom. To me taking a thousand pictures is more amatuer in thinking you're not sure of what you want so do the p&s kid photo taking and just shoot everything---I'm sure something will be in there we can use. I do not consider myself a pro because I do not rely on photography as my sole income and work from home but I can shoot a wedding within 150 pics to include candids. I am out for the quality not quantity. I guess my main point is Digital has spawned a whole new way of thinking for something that has been around a long time. Slow down and get the big picture don't just click away because you've got that new 16gig card. I'd sure hate to do the pp on 500-1000 shots eeeeh.

OK now you can bash and trash!!!!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
So?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow