ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ironbuddha
Forum MemberPosts: 57Gear list
Like?
K20D vs D300 samples
Jul 18, 2008

Hi All,

Been looking at some of the sample images from the comparometer at another website and it seems to be that the K20D tends to show a lot more detail in texture and better contrast but i'm not exactly keen on the skin tones it was reproducing on a mannequin. Mind you i think the samples are default jpeg settings, so i'm sure post can resolve the differences in colour with some work whereas you can't really extract more detail, but I was really interested in hearing from anyone with experience with the camera cares to weigh in on this.

I'm currently having a hard time of whether to switch to the D300 since I've got a line that can get it to me at only a slight cost difference to the K20D. I love my DS (not to mention the pentax user base community) and would love to keep it as a travel/walkaround but don't know that I can justify maintaining the overhead of 2 systems.

Anyone care to weight in with thoughts?

ironbuddha's gear list:ironbuddha's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow