ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vince T
Senior MemberPosts: 2,318
Like?
First wedding advice needed.
Jul 16, 2008

Hello gang,

I will be the primary photographer for a friend's wedding this saturday. They, however, dont have any expectations, as should be the case because I wont be paid for the gig.

I know many of you would think that I'm nuts for taking on such an endeavor, and should leave the wedding stuff to the pros, but the bride/groom want to save a few buck. I figured it will be a fun (and I'm sure stressful) event where I can learn to think on my toes and take photos.

I have made a pose list of how I want to photoraph the bride and groom, bridal party, family, detail shots (ring, flowers, menu card, shoes, dress etc.). I've been to 5 weddings this summer and am almost used to the chaotic atmosphere. I'll be visiting the church this week to see the lighting conditions and to see if flash photography is allowed during the ceremony. I've been to the banquet hall already and it has low, dark ceilings.

I will be shoot the entire day, which includes bride's house, church, group/family photos outside the church, and banquet hall.

My equipment:

D200, D40(borrowed from brother in-law), Nikon glass: 17-55 f2.8, 105 f2.8, 12-24 f4, 70-200 f2.8, Sigma 30mm f1.4, SB800, 9gb memory, Gary Fong diffuser.

Is there any particular advice you can suggest?

I shoot in A-Mode 90% of the time. SHould I be in Manual ? What settings would you suggest?

-- hide signature --

Vince from Toronto

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow