Started Jul 10, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ed Cronin
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
no choice for F31FD replacement. WHY?
Jul 10, 2008

I recently lost my Fuji F31FD and wasn't too worried because I figured that by now, there'd be a slew of low light performers with great picture quality, manual control heavy, point and shoot compacts. I am a fan of non-flash photography.

After easily 40 hours of review reading and checking over every camera from the Lumixes to the Powershots to the Cybershots to Coolpixes to the new Fujis....I am stunned to find that the F31fd is still a benchmark!!! How is it that the new F100fd has fewer manual controls and poorer ISO performance ?(a question to Fuji, not technically why) Why hasn't the camera industry offered us better performance? Computer technology doesn't seem get slower or forget it's earlier achievements , what's up with cameras?

All I want is the same performance and controls that I had in my F31fd in a newer, more compact, more modern camera. I can't find it anywhere.

The Canon G9 seems nice but it dies after ISO 200. The Panasonics seem to smear photos on higher ISOs for noise reduction. Cybershots seem to lack in photo color quality and have noise in higher ISOs. The new Fujis have more noise and the f100fd doesn't have A/S control (what the...?).

-I say remove all the junk that takes up space for the flash system and add in killer ISO performance. Give me manual controls aplenty. I'll buy it. Take megapixels back down to 6-8 and give me killer pix. I don't need megapixels.

-anyone replace their older Fuji with a compact that has kept them happy? Please let me know what you bought. Cheers! EC

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow