Started Jul 7, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gordonsbuck
Senior MemberPosts: 1,388
Like?
New Canon Powershot G, S, SDK, etc
Jul 7, 2008

It's sort of a slow day on this forum when there isn't a new message thread asking about a new Powershot G or S. Just do a search on G10 or S6 and you'll be rewarded.

With every new thread begins the responses about wider angle, longer telephoto, fewer pixels --> > less noise, larger sensor, articulated LCD, manual flash control, CMOS sensor, etc., etc. For my part, I then chime in with my bit of news from Canon regarding the Software Development Kit (SDK), see
http://lightdescription.blogspot.com/2008/04/canon-powershot-g10.html

Canon provides their SDK to software developers and sent out an email in April stating that the SDK program for Powershot cameras was coming to an end. This email included a statement that new Powershot G and S cameras would be coming out this fall. I included parts of that notice on my blog.

Today I received a new email from Canon about the SDK. Towards the end of the email, the exact same Powershot notice (from April) is repeated. No new information was provided so I won't be posting that letter in my blog.

Anyway, all of us Canon enthusiasts and watchers will (probably) soon be rewarded with a G10, S6 -- or whatever they will be called. After that, what will happen to the Powershot series? Continue the Powershot series without the SDK support? New (insert model name here) series with new SDK?

Who knows? -- Not me.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow