Started Jul 7, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Medic1210
Senior MemberPosts: 2,055
Like?
*****Challenge #53
Jul 7, 2008

Man, I wish I had copied everything I just typed over the last 10 minutes or so. I hit "Preview" and the forum dumped everything. Back button proved futile, as it brought me back to a blank "new post" screen. I lost everything. Grrrr....

Ok, now that I've vented... Hi Guys/Gals. I had no idea I had won the last challenge. I've been kinda busy this weekend with the celebrations of the 4th of July and all, and when I got back to check things out, the results thread was buried with minimal traffic. Oh well. Here we go. Thanks Alex for picking my photo as the winner of the Panning challenge. I think that given the fact that many of us from the US have recently celebrated our country's day of Independence, a fitting challenge would be to see what sort of images were made. I'm aware that a good majority of this forum are from countries other than the US, but I'm pretty sure that many folks have had the opportunity to photograph fireworks at some time. Entries do not have to be taken with a Nikon camera, but I would like to keep them to participants active in this forum already. Not a rule, but rather a request so I'm not hammered with a thousand entries from all different forums. I'm not really sure how I'm going to judge these, but I think I would like to see how creative you guys have been when taking photos of fireworks. I guess this is since I am not graced with a nice beautiful cityscape to incorporate into my photos, I had to think out of the box a bit this past Friday. I'm not saying a standard photo doesn't have a chance, so please don't hold back. Show me what you got. Here's what I came up with Friday. These were made by zooming my 18-200 VR lens during the exposure.

This Challenge will end on Friday, 11th of July at 23:59 Eastern US time.

R U L E S:

The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post ONE image (if you post more than one image, the first will be your entry in the challenge). The host chooses a winner after closing. The decision of the judge (the Host) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 72 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours.

Feel free to comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, put a (CC) next to the title of your image [e.g. Sunset with Canada Geese (CC)].

Please embed your image in the thread. Try to resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll ( 800 pixels on the longest side works best.)

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! - Please reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post if you are submitting an entry and please RENAME THE SUBJECT TO INDICATE THE TITLE OF YOUR ENTRY.

Links to the previous Challenges follow in the next post.

-- hide signature --

Mike
http://www.pbase.com/mike_curtis

I'm not resourceful enough to insert a witty quip or intelligent quote here....

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow