Started Jul 3, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeM302
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
is my 40D new or an open box?
Jul 3, 2008

I just got a new 40D and after opening it I got the feeling that it might have been opened and used before.

I purchased this from a major online source, the box flap was not torn, all the accessories were neat and in original looking bags with tape, the camera was very clean, it prompted me for the date/time. But it didn't take much for me to be careful and open it up and put in one of my old batteries, so someone else could have done the same.

However, what strikes me is that I've seen pictures of 40D cameras with a string attached tag on them. Mine has no sting attached tag. Also I'm surprised that there is no cling plastic over the rear LCD monitor or top LCD control panel, like what is common with most new electronics. I remember reading a thread on this forum where someone else questioned if there should be a tag like this or not, but I could not locate it.

Can anyone remember if their 40D came with an attached tag (on the strap anchor), and/or cling plastic over the LCDs?

I've yet to test this camera out yet, so I'm not sure if I'll have any problems or not, or even if this "tag/no tag" issue even bothers me. I guess I'm just curious....

thanks in advance

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TagNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow