Started Jul 1, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shrinkie1964
Senior MemberPosts: 1,697
Like?
New Rockwell Baby
Jul 1, 2008

KR welcomed a new family member a few weeks ago, and as I eagerly await my bundle of joy to be squirted forth into the world in a few short weeks I am genuinely overjoyed for him.

She is a cute little thing but I can't help but notice that many of the shots posted in Ken's family gallery, most with the D3, are, well, pretty good, but still sort of ordinary. I have seen much more memorable family and infant shots from people around here taken with cameras that retail for a fraction of the cost.

This observation isn't intend to stoke the fires of the Rockwell haters. Actually, I enjoy so much of Ken's stuff and have actually learned stuff on his site I haven't found elsewhere. But I have to say I am glad I saw these recent shots of his. I was dangerously close to using my upcoming arrival as a completely reasonable justification to procure me a D700. You never know when you want to take a noise free flashless shot of your newborn down in a coalmine, I always like to say. But if I can still take perfectly good baby shots with my D80, I think it is okay to save myself $3000 and put it in one of those college investment things or something like that.

Thanks Ken!

Les

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow