5D is on the way !!

Started Jun 23, 2008 | Discussions thread
Osiris Ani
Senior MemberPosts: 1,126Gear list
Like?
Re: 5D is on the way !!
In reply to Eris, Jun 25, 2008

It's still rather hefty for my tastes (I'd prefer if it was a bit smaller and a bit lighter, closer to a 40D body size, with vertical grip optional), but it's what I need, so it's what I use.

I know that I've said this before, and I'll probably say it again. The only reason why I'm hoping for a 5D successor with exceptionally lofty specs is because the 1Ds III, the only DSLR on the market that suits my needs in terms of IQ, is just too big for me to be comfortable in my style of shooting.

I often end up in physically awkward positions, shooting between 1/60 and 1/10 sometimes with only one hand. That beast of a camera would require me to spend more time with the Bowflex just for those types of occasions.

I'd happily pay the same amount for a lighter version of the 1Ds III, but instead I might be willing to sacrifice resolution if it means that I can reduce camera shake at those times, if the successor to the 5D is good enough.

-- hide signature --

"Passion will make you crazy, but is there any other way to live?" —Kara Saun

Osiris Ani's gear list:Osiris Ani's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow