Started Jun 22, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LFMF35mm
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
D700 vs D3X vs D3
Jun 22, 2008

Wow, this could be great news for people who have waited like me. Now my only question is should I sell my D2X and get a D300 or some other DX body along with the D700 or D3X. I have some nice Nikkor wide angles such as the 14mm F2.8D, 17-35mm F2.8D, 28mm F1.4D and the 28-70mm F2.8D that I can't wait to use back in full frame. I also have almost all of the Nikkor good primes, zooms, and micros up to the 300mm F2.8D and have never felt comfortable with the DX crop factor or depth of field since I had used film for over 30 years. To get the benefits of a DX body on my longer lens I would still like to have a D300 or some other DX body. Are there many others in my same boat? A question to you D3 users, what kind of distortion and other problems will I encounter when using my wide angles on the D700 since it has the same sensor and processor as the D3? Also what will the price of the D3X be and do you see the price of the D3 dropping much?

Thanks all

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow