ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slr_SoFL
Regular MemberPosts: 236Gear list
Like?
Inside gym shoot and some Noiseware Questions
Jun 22, 2008

Hello All,

I did some inside gym shots today of my son playing soccer. As predicted - horrible lighting, so I had the ISO up to 1600 on my Rebel. I was using my 430 flash set to High Speed sync, and shot manual at 2.8 and 1/400 using my Tamron 17-50. This was a bunch of very young kids (

Looking around the internet for noise reduction software I downloaded the trial versions of Neatimage, Noise Ninja and Noiseware. Of the three I am most impressed by Noiseware. Thinking about buying, I have a couple of questions for anyone familiar with Noiseware:

1. Are you happy with it? Worth the price? Is the "Pro" really worth the extra $$ over the standard?

2. Workflow...If you use DPP for RAW conversion do you turn off NR completely and let the Noiseware handle it all, or do Noiseware on top of NR from DPP?

Any thoughts or opinions will be greatly appreciated. Also, any thoughts on the shot setup I mentioned above is welcome as well.

slr_SoFL
--
--
Just a weekend hack...

Rebel XTi
Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
Canon EF 70-200 F/4 IS
430EX

slr_SoFL's gear list:slr_SoFL's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow