New A650 - would like a histogram in record mode - is CHDK easy solution?

Started Jun 22, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sailorman
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
New A650 - would like a histogram in record mode - is CHDK easy solution?
Jun 22, 2008

Just received delivery of an A650is [good price from dell.ca - $180 off on Fathers Day! - otherwise I was going to get a G9].

From what I have seen so far I think I will like the camera - going to the Rockies early July to try it out.

I would really like to have access to a histogram while 'recording' (ie composing / taking) photos - as far as I can tell the A650 only provides the histogram in 'review' mode once the photo has been taken.

I understand that this is available if I load CHDK (which also seems to provide a lot of other functionality).

My QUESTION is - assuming that I manage to navigate the process of downloading CHDK and getting it onto my memory card (sounds a little complicated, but plenty of people seem to have managed so I guess it cannot be impossible), does wanting to have CHDK-liveview-histogram available for each photo complicate the process of taking photo's (or can I add the 'histogram-liveview-in-record-mode' once, and then have it always available as a default setting [eg in C-mode])?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow