ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Miralee
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
Printing problem - HP Photosmart 8850
Jun 20, 2008

Good day to you

Can somone help me find a solution please? I would be very grateful, as always.

After a nightmarish week with Photoshop 7 and HP 8850 and Hahnemühle William Turner 190g Fineart Inkjet Paper, trying to reproduce the exact tones of a printout which was made on the same paper with Photoshop 6 and and my old Epson 2000P before it stopped working, (because of blocked heads, I suppose), I'm beginning to think that I am hoping for the impossible.

When I put the file into Photoshop I read: This gray mode document has no colorimetric profile. (I'm translating.) How would you like to proceed? I chose : No change/no adjustment. Was this the right thing to do?

The best result which I have managed to get up to now is by using the HP Photosmart plug-in, maximum dpi, and no color management/adjustment. All the other experiments gave lesser results. No color adjustment seems logical (am I right here?) as I just want to produce the same color that's on the printout (and in the file of course). The file explorer of the image says the print is in grayscale.

This is my problem: the original Epson 2000P printout that I want to reproduce, although B/W, has, here and there, lovely brownish tones on it, or at least B/W tones that veer towards brown and at the same time, the black parts are a deep rich black. Although in every other respect it is perfectly OK, identical even to the 2000P, the 8850 printout has none of these brownish tones - it is too black and white, so to speak. These brown tones are really important for me. Why aren't they coming out on the print? Is it because there is no profile for this Hahnemuhle paper in the printer (or anywhere for that matter)? I'm going through the list of different papers in the 8850 list but am losing hope...With the 2000P I got good results although there was only a choice of four types of paper: ordinary, matte, gloss, semigloss in the printer.

I thank you in advance.
Mira

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow