Started Jun 18, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
twonker
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,638
Like?
Wireless flash question....
Jun 18, 2008

Bear with me, or go to para 3 for the question.... OK, so I do a fair amount of photography with off-camera flash, and up till now, have been using an fl-50 and a couple of non-oly flashes triggered by radio/optical slaves. But, being a 2008 kind of guy, I thought I'd get an fl-36R and start playing with the wireless flash capabilities.

OK, first off, the fl-36r - I like it a lot... not too powerful or quick, but that's just fine for what I need it for. Has optical slave built-in... hurray! It's portable.... hurray! It fits the E4x0 nicely... hurray!

But then I started playing with the rc-controlled flash from the camera and it didn't behave exactly as I thought it would. I kind of thought it would flash before the slave went off in some way, but it seems it flashes at exactly the same time, presumably to trigger the slave. Not normally an issue I suppose, but if you have something in the foreground, it does seem to get illuminated by the on-board flash, which is a little annoying when you don't want it to be.

Is this what others have found? Any work arounds appart from a bit of judicious pp work? As it stands I think it's a pretty neat system and I will probably use it mostly, but with this one issue, I suspect I will need to keep hold of my radio triggers as well.....

Thanks
Alistair

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow