ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RUcrAZ
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,178
Like?
Been reading the ACRONIS discussions...
Jun 11, 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to give myself an education, by reading the useful posts regarding ACRONIS in this forum. I'm about to start (I think) using Acronis, and I have a couple of questions that still linger:

My primary interest would be to back up the O/S (XPP-SP2) and the installed programs, which are on separate partitions in the same SATA HD.
So here are the questions:

A) There is "talk" about backing up an "image" in a separate internal, as well as an external HD - because the external may not be "read" due to driver problems. Is this correct that one should back up in two places?

B) There is "talk" about "thoroughly testing this backup." Wow! By thoroughly testing, would that mean attempting to restore the original O/S (which is working fine) with a restoration, which may be faulty, and cause problems? Seems to me that if something's working well, expecially in PCs, you leave it alone! But on the other hand how do you know if Acronis and its process will do the job if and when it's needed? Anyway, I see a dilemma (unless I'm misunderstanding something.)
Comments, please?
RUcrAZ

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow