HP 8850 and Photoshop

Started Jun 6, 2008 | Discussions thread
Miralee
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
Re: HP 8850 and Photoshop
In reply to colourgeek, Jun 10, 2008

Thanks, as always to Jon, Neil, Todds and Isca. After all your advice, the choice was decided for me (to cut a long story short) and I now have Photoshop 7 installed in the computer.

I put in the HP CD and followed the procedure and everything seems to be as it should be. Especially, I can see a correct preview of an image, which I couldn't with Phsh 6, because it wouldn't come up in either PhSh 6 or on the 8850.

Nevertheless I am spending ages and ages trying to get decent colors. There must be thousands of combinations, especially for someone like me, who knows less than nothing about profiles and color management. I'm getting violet instead of turquoise with certain combinations. When this happens the reds are correct. But when I manage to get turquoise instead of violet, the reds are too dark, and so on. Terms such as perceptive, relative etc mean nothing to me, so it's going to be trial and error for quite a while maybe..especially as (dare I say it) my scanner and computer are not calibrated or anything; I won't ask for any help on this mainly because I wouldn't know where to start but again I thank you for being such lovely generous people!!

Mira

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow