Anyone good at Dreamweaver that can help me with a problem?

Started Jun 10, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Georgi
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,638
Like?
Anyone good at Dreamweaver that can help me with a problem?
Jun 10, 2008

I am trying to learn it but want to build a site while I learn as it's the best way for me but I've run into a problem.

I want to make basically THIS layout but in dreamweaver. http://www.1stchoicemonroe.com/new-19.htm

However, I want the TOP part with all the links to be say a top frame so that I can update it ONE time and it'll change for all the pages or rather, it will be seen on all pages and the bottom part a different frame or whatever with different info/pics on each page.

I tried that in DW with a top and bottom frame but what happened was that because I couldn't of course see it all on one page, I had to scroll the BOTTOM frame to be able to take it all in so to speak and it looks like doo doo and I don't want that.

On the page above, when you scroll, you scroll the WHOLE page which looks nice but I can't stand when you just scroll within a frame.

Is there a way to do it and could someone possibly swipe the code from my page and split them up and show me how it would look/work?

Someone local is trying to teach me DW but he's not quite sure about this thing..

Thanks

George

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow