Started Jun 5, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dtuason
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,410Gear list
Like?
1Ds3 Owner Thinking About A G9
Jun 5, 2008

For 3 weeks now I have been thinking about a Powershot G9. The main reason is it can take video. I don't know of any digital SLR that could take video.

The other reason was (look at my previous threads) I was planning to walk the streets of New York with a camera and I was afraid my 1Ds3 would get stolen in a subway. I survived New York...it was pretty safe. To be fair I walked along 34th ave only from 9th Street (the B&H Photo Video store) to the Empire State building and back...that was it...I didn't take the subway....so I don't know. Bronxbombers say it's pretty safe and I trust him.

In comparison, I had some weird looks when I rode the Red Line in Los Angeles...or I guess I am just being paranoid.

In Samy's in Fairfax 3 weeks ago I held a G9 for the first time...I like it. It's so compact...it has the aperture and shutter speed controls...

This morning Charles (we go to photography school together) said "Danny you missed a great class last night. Don Gale showed off his G9 and showed off its capabilities." He was impressed.

So now...I am thinking of buying one.

To G9 owners...what is the advantage of getting one? Is it actually better than my old Powershot Pro1? Charles said yes....but what do you think?

Thanks in advance!!!

Danny Tuason

dtuason's gear list:dtuason's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +17 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow