Started Jun 5, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AudiiDudii
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?
My
Jun 5, 2008

Because I refuse to use filters to "protect" the lens (although I do use them for other purposes when appropriate), I like to keep a cap over the lens between shots. This isn't possible with Sigma's lens hood, so I purchased a Chinese replica Contax GG-2 lens hood and cap finished in silver on eBay for cheap money and then painted them satin black to (sort of) match the DP-1. Here's a photo of the setup on my DP-1 along with the Voigtlander 28mm finder...

And here's a photo of it with the cap off...

The Contax hood is slightly deeper than the Sigma hood (which is a plus) and the inside has light dispersing rings milled into it and has been painted flat black (also a plus) as compared to the Sigma's unpainted, reflective plastic. On the other hand, a round hood is potentially less effective than a rectangular one, but I've used the Contax hood for a week now in the bright Arizona sun and have no complaints about its performance, so I'm not sure how much any of this really matters.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow